Heavy winds can damage literally hundreds of trees and create dangerous conditions.
Additionally, heavy winds can cause power outages.
Prepare BEFORE Heavy Winds strikes
- Being proactive, and having a first aid kit--with fresh, non-expired products--both in your home and vehicles,
- Walking your property during fair weather days, looking for ill and diseased trees,
- Hanging or cracked branches which are extremely large and heavy.
If you note any of these things, seek out estimates to address and solve these problem trees BEFORE heavy, inclement weather arrives.
Also, consider how you and your family would function if you lost power due to heavy winds.
- Do you have candles and flash lights with working batteries, and an extra sets of batteries?
- Blankets, and dry or pre-packaged food supplies for 2 or 3 days?
- Don't forget water--assume one gallon per day for each person and animal.